Founded in 2009 by Ingo Schweder, GOCO Hospitality boasts a dynamic team of talented individuals from 14 different nations, truly embodying one of our core values of celebrating diversity.
With more than 30 years’ worth of vital hospitality experience, across hotels, spas, retreats and wellness offerings, Ingo’s unique insight and standing as one of the world’s foremost hotel and wellness experts allows him to lead his handpicked team to continued success.
In addition to Corporate Headquarters in Bangkok, we also have regional offices in Los Angeles, Hamburg and Shanghai, yielding a global team that collaborates on more than 25 international wellness projects, from destination retreats and wellness centres to spas.
Leveraging a wealth of knowledge and a stellar reputation, Ingo recently joined forces with Chairman of Horwath HTL, Robert Hecker, to launch Horwath HTL Health & Wellness, a groundbreaking venture that offers dedicated independent business consulting services targeted at the development of health and wellness-based projects.
The newly formed Horwath HTL Health & Wellness team are dedicated to master planning, market research, feasibility studies and operational concept development for health and wellness-based hotels and resorts, bathhouses, spa facilities and wellness centres. With Ingo at the helm as Founder and Managing Director, Horwath HTL Health & Wellness is looking forward to a bright future.
From 2000-2006 Ingo served as a member of the Operating Board of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. During his tenure, he established the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s Lifestyle Division from the ground up. Responsible for the worldwide operation, design and development of 15 spas on four continents, Mandarin Oriental's strong holistic roots, unique leisure hospitality concept and wellness centres are credited to his ingenious vision.
During this period, Ingo won 2005’s ‘Spa Personality of the Year’ award for his visionary approach to the integration of wellness and leisure services in the hospitality industry, in addition to the ‘Spa Marketer of the Year’ award in 2006 for his innovative and effective marketing approaches. Under Ingo’s leadership, 2006 saw the Mandarin Oriental voted as ‘Best Spa Company’ by the European Spa Summit and SpaAsia Magazine. Ingo’s design and concept work for the group was also honoured with the prestigious ‘Gold Key Award’ at the ‘Excellence in Hospitality Design’ event held in New York City in 2007.
Prior to Mandarin Oriental, Ingo was Managing Director of the Rafael Hotel Groups’ activities in South Asia. He co-founded Ananda in the Himalayas, India’s first destination wellness resort located in the birthplace of yoga and ayurveda, Rishikesh.
From 1996-1998 Ingo was the Group Director of Operations for Oberoi Hotels, where he headed the development of four new hotel projects: Cecil, Rajvilas, Udaivilas and Amarvilas, transforming the landscape of Indian Hospitality.
Under Ingo’s stewardship, Oberoi Hotels became a globally recognised luxury hotel group and focused the world’s attention on Indian Hospitality. For his work with Oberoi Hotels, the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences recognised him in 1998 with the ‘Hotelier of the Year’ award.
Property awards that the respective hotels received while under Ingo Schweder's management:
- 2009, Luxury SpaFinder 'Reader's Choice Awards, Country Awards'
- The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo
- 2006, Mobile Travel Guide USA 'Best Spas in America, 5 Star Award'
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, New York
- 2006, Top 10 International Spas
- The Oriental Spa, The Oriental Bangkok (Rank #5)
- The Spa, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park London (Rank #9)
- 2006 Gallivanter's Guide UK 'Best Spa in Hotel/Resort Worldwide'
- The Oriental Spa, The Oriental, Bangkok
- 2006 SpaAsia Magazine Singapore
- Mandarin Oriental Tokyo (Best Day Spa)
- Mandarin Oriental, Dhara Devi, Chiang Mai (Best Destination Spa)
- 2005 Condé Nast Traveler UK 'Top Global Spas'
- Mandarin Oriental Miami (Rank #1)
- Mandarin Oriental New York (Rank #3)
- Mandarin Oriental Bangkok (Rank #7)
- 2005 Condé Nast Traveker Spa Awards UK 'Best Overseas Day Spa Worldwide'
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Miami (Rank #2)
- The Oriental Spa at The Oriental Bangkok (Rank #5)
- 2005, SpaAsia Magazine Singapore 'Best Spa Retreat'
- Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai
- 2005, Global Crystal Awards USA 'Best Urban Hotel Spas'
- Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park London
- Mandarin Oriental Miami
- Mandarin Oriental New York
- The Oriental Spa at The Oriental Bangkok